Contact: tdharvey@hotmail.co.uk Or Follow On Twitter @TimDavidHarvey

Thursday 13 June 2019

REVIEW: MILEY CYRUS-SHE IS COMING EP

4/5

Come Again.

1-833-SHE-ISMC. Call the hotline and come together over this. Miley Cyrus is back. She really is. In a big way. People are going Gaga over this former 'Hannah Montana' bubblegum pop star reborn into the second act of her amazing, acclaimed career. You can even get your own AI doll version of her for your teenage daughters dream. Or at least the robot of her other alter-ego Ashley O in the fifth and latest series of 'Black Mirror' she scene steals in her epic episode as a pop idol and icon turned into the futuristic, changing times hologram of her former self and manipulated manufacture of those behind the scenes looking to take artists for the profit of all they're worth. Leaving their individuality, identity and humanity on the cutting room floor. But after pop covering Nine Inch Nails as amazing as her 'Murray Christmas' take on 'Silent Night'. Or John Lennon 'Happy Xmas (War Is Over)' cover with son Sean. Not to forget her lyrical reworking of the Christmas classic 'Baby It's Cold Outside'. Taking away it's harassing misogyny. Singing "don't f### with my freedom" though on her new single, the 'Nothing Breaks Like A Heart' with Mark Robson singer and her 'Mother's Daughter' shows no one's going to make her do or be anything she doesn't want to do or be. On the straight banger that comes from the new EP and follow up to her classic 'Younger Now' country roots album, 'She Is Coming'. Tongue in cheek teasing this extended play for weeks and Never Minding The Bollocks like the punk cut-off t-shirt she wears on the black and white artwork, this sex pistol comes back with the biggest hit of her career in her year like a wrecking ball. So, "back up, back up, back up, back up, boy, ooh. Back up, back up, back up, back up, boy, ooh!"

Anthemic pop hasn't been this powerful in ages. As the entertaining celebrity and amazing artist spotlight of the moment owns it. "Hallelujah I'm a witch/I'm a witch, hallelujah/Swish swish, I'm a three-point shooter/I blow through ya/Like a hot wind out in the bayou, ya" she Steph Curry with the shot swag sings over a banging beat as the daughter whose mother told her she'd make it, makes it. Like Prince once said and she does, "there must be something in the water." I'll have what she's sipping on. Because, well the fountain of her famous success looks to never run dry even out in California. Somewhere in America...Miley is still working. On the first of many EP's and releases to stream from your Spotify's to the Apple of your favourite playlists. "Swish, swish mother####!" On 'Unholy' the rolling stoner gets high off the feeling as her music does the same to us. "I'm sick of the faking, the using, the taking/The people calling me obscene/You hate me, you love me/You just wanna touch me/I'm only trying to get some peace/So let me do me," she sings to the hypocrites on another heater oath of an anthem for the hot boxed car as she talks about getting drunk and high and loving on the kitchen table after take out. Reminding those who judge her giving in to her indulgences, "so what, so is everyone else." But it's all a 'D.R.E.A.M' with "all he girls in my room look like Dolly" and the supreme clientele collaboration with Shaolin's finest Ghostface Killah as they flip the concept on the 'C.R.E.A.M.' of the Wu Tang Clan's classic cuts with the clever twist of even more hardcore than these hip hop heads switching cash for drugs like a back alley deal. "Always last to leave the party/Drugs rule everything around me/Wake up with new tattoos on my body/Drugs rule everything around me," she sings as rap God Ghostface kills it's on the outro in kind, rhyming, "Got the white that's sure to light the floor like in 'Billie Jean'/Scarface nights (Nights)/500 thousand on the pinkie, Broadway ice/We throw bangers at weddings and y'all throw rice/Lollapalooza, Coachella custies, that's my type/Party all night." This is what wildest D.R.E.A.M.S. are made of.

Drag racing through the second half of this extended play, RuPaul is on hand to dress up the absolute sass of its own 'Cattitude'. Introducing this project with a runway of attitude saying, "Miley Cyrus/Bitch, you look like you done already did had yours/You better go take your country ass indoors and put some damn clothes on/'Cause nobody need to be seeing all of that/The library is officially open". And book and street smart the girl from Nashville, Tennessee gets a little more than country, trapping with her tongue out, "Turn up your gratitude, turn down your attitude/I love my pussy, that means I got cattitude/If you don't feel what I'm saying, I don't f### with you." Before sparking even more shocks to the system to both rockers like the Kings Of Leon ("my pussys on fire") and even the Axl Rose/Slash of poppa's pals Guns N Roses ("sweet pussy of mine"). And you hope she's talking about her cat. It's out the bag now. Then on an EP of banger(z) on a 'Party Up The Street' with Swae Lee and Mike Will Made It invited she puts the hammer down like her Hemsworth husbands avenging brother. Before truly baring all on the beautiful closer in tribute to him and absolute, initiate, vulnerable honesty with 'The Most', which might just be the best of the majority of the music Miley has made. Cyrus gets serious singing, "How many times have I left you in the deep?/I don't know why you still believe in me/Oh, oh, and even in my darkest days/Even in my lowest place, you love me the most/And even when I can't stay, even when I run away/You love me the most/So why do I hurt you so? Is it 'cause I know?/Why do I hurt you so?/Is it 'cause you love me the most?" Lana and Lady take note, Ashley O's real reflection has just held up a mirror to your most meaningful music moments as she fades to black. But only for the next few as a trilogy of EP's are set to conclude before Miley is coming for a full length ('She Is Miley Cyrus') this fall. 'She Is Here' like she's never left and with the next chapters of her career Miley Cyrus is about to show you that 'She Is Everything'. Come what may. TIM DAVID HARVEY.

Playlist Picks: 'Mothers Daughter', 'D.R.E.A.M. (feat Ghostface Killah)', 'The Most'.

No comments:

Post a Comment