Contact: tdharvey@hotmail.co.uk Or Follow On Twitter @TimDavidHarvey

Monday 2 May 2022

REVIEW: FUTURE - I NEVER LIKED YOU


4/5

The New Future Is Here.

Days of future past have Nayvadius DeMun Wilburn, AKA Future (Hendrix) from Pluto sitting in the backseat of a gold interior car, draped in Lakers purple like a Prince reign. An eye mask the same over his usually shaded eyes, looking like he pulled his face one up too high. That's a good thing from the mumble generation rapper who still sounds so good and wastes no time telling you 'I NEVER LIKED YOU' in all caps style so you can hear. All for his new smash album and ninth solo from the Meathead's huge discography in the trap and on the plug. This Epic record from the Jungle City studios of the concrete one (New York, New York) comes a week after Pusha T told us 'It's Almost Dry' for another rap classic and two years after the planet pandemics 'Pluto x Pluto Baby'. The lead single 'Wait For U' proving it was all worth the wait for a man whose output is so prolific, two years seems like two decades. Or maybe that has something to so with the lifetime we feel like we are now in, coming our of quarantine. "You pray for my demons, girl, I got you/Every time I sip on codeine I get vulnerable" he raps alongside Drake and frequent collaborator Tems. October's Very Own exhibiting a different flow on this one like 'I'm On One' showing N.W.T.S. "Yeah, I been trappin' 'round the world/I sit on my balcony and wonder how you feelin'/I got a career that takes my time away from women/I cannot convince you that I love you for a livin," Drizzy drizzle months after this 'Certified Lover Boy' got 'Way 2 Sexy' with Future, a Right Said Fred sample and of course 'Fun Guy' Kawhi Leonard. When these two get together it really is 'What A Time To Be Alive'. Ha, ha, haaa! 

'712PM' like a '9AM In Dallas' or all those other city time digital readouts from Aubrey opens proceedings with a 'Moon Knight' beat. All as Mr. Future summons the suit on this night time music as smooth as the haze of purple skies, crushed like velvet. "I'M DAT N####" he proclaims in capital exclamation again like he was shouting, and why wouldn't you believe one of the most influential of this gen? All as he 'KEEP(S) IT BURNIN" with superproducer and rapper Kanye West who is doing the same with the flame lit between 'Donda' releases and dual production credits with Pharrell, helping the G.O.O.D Music of Pusha 'Dry' to a T. "Cross me so much, I got nails in my hands", 'Ye raps from his Sunday Service walking with Jesus for this "city on fire" during the 'Donda 2' era. Hendrix rocking "blood on my money, see the blood in my eyes/LaFearri, bando, two at a time." I know the feeling. Going 'FOR A NUT' with Gunna and Young Thug like Scrat (did you see? He finally got it) with an 'Ice Age' around his wrist. 'PUFFIN ON ZOOTIEZ' and wanting all the smoke. Eating like a breakfast cereal and this is the prize. 'GOLD STACKS' like bullion from a Bond villain and the backseat of that album artwork where he swings another episode like LL or Fleming. A licensed to chill, even if it's no days off for this ill rhymer who's killing it. Speaking of Cool J, on the '10' like 'LOVE YOU BETTER' the rapper who's about to hit double figures in albums raps, "Takin' our memories on love and treatin' it like nothin'/Takin' our memories on love and treatin' it like gossip/It's my love from my grandmother make me gentle when I care for you/Tell me you fallin' out of love, it's breakin' my heart in two." Now tell me that's bit something. F with him, you know he's got it.  

Deep tissue on 'MASSAGING ME' really works it's way into your muscles, for the slow flow of this LP that for this record will keep you moving in the gym, or...erm...another room that leaves you a little hot under the collar. But it's the 'CHICKENS' with EST Gee that really cluck before 'WE JUS WANNA GET HIGH'. High like "Panamera view inside my truck like a penthouse" for the panorama of a man who switches "(lady friends) like tennis shows", whilst I just brought my first pair in a half decade. But an Undefeated pair of Nike Blazer NBA 75th anniversary special two-tone editions, fresh out the box like Mario, from Harajuku, Tokyo, Japan, if I may add. Its enough for this Kodak Black snapshot assisted 'VOODOO' from the child of Hendrix, before getting even higher than the 'HOLY GHOST', guys and dolls. Lord, this guy is good. Good God, Lord have mercy. "Mad rich, got it out the mud, it was ugly/Average, I can't go back to havin' nothin'/Savage, product of my environment, I'm hustlin'/Karats, clarity gon' glisten when it's dirty/Karats, they glisten when they dirty, keep a thirty/Bulletproof Suburban, avoidin' all the worries/The way I ball, I know for sure that every time my jersey breakin' the laws/Wake up early morning, go serve it/Take the time buildin' my crib like a pyramid (That's my crib)/Reminiscin' where I come from, get money a religion/You got smoke in the air, don't let it cloud your vision." Pushing like the T of the Clipse. This real rapper has got bars like the other weight he's packing too. A franchise King like 'Bron, 'Bron as he talks about 'THE WAY THINGS GOIN'. Right before he takes it 'BACK TO THE BASICS' like Ginuwine in 2005 for an album that we will never like. Because YOU'VE GOT TO LOVE IT! TIM DAVID HARVEY. 

Playlist Picks: '712PM', 'KEEP IN BURNIN (Feat. Kanye West)', 'I'M ON ONE (Feat. Drake)'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment