Contact: tdharvey@hotmail.co.uk Or Follow On Twitter @TimDavidHarvey

Monday 24 October 2022

REVIEW: JEEZY & DJ DRAMA - SNOFALL


4/5

Snowtime.

Clinton Sparks said it best, when he said, "this isn't a mixtape, these are albums". And the same can be said for the Gangster Grillz of DJ Drama. Even when Lil' Wayne said, "and this is just a mixtape", you knew his 'Dedication' was deeper. And now there's three-times the Drama on the same day. As this New Music Friday, the DJ has spun three new records. One with Death Row legend Snoop Dogg ('I Still Got It' (he sure has)) and another with young Symba ('Results Take Time') waiting to be the King. 

So in the same week Taylor Swift burns 'Midnights' for her run, Norah Jones gives us a deluxe wrapping of 'I Dream Of Christmas', and legend Babyface brings us the whole of the better half of the young R&B industry for 'Girls Night Out', you can't ban the Snowman. Because walking on rarefied air again, Jeezy is back for 'Snofall'. The Young may have gone, but one of trappings best is still here, 'Bruh'. From the title-track to the close that keeps it 'One Hunnid'. Despite the spelling. 

Mountains of 'Scarface' (featuring EST Gee) snow deck the middle of the A, on the skyline artwork of this monster mixtape of an album. The iconic Snowman symbol staring down on it like a Bat, one for this Gotham in this J.U.S.T.I.CE. League. And you know just who to call on. As Jeez and Dram s### talk over signature drops. Aaaaaaaay! 

The 'Most Hated' with Lil' Durk loves the game. And with 'Mr. Game 7' they 'Trap Or Die' again. "Pink slips no leases, f### it, I'm facetious/When this s### drop I ain't bout to be doin' no more features", says the man who once responded to a car challenge by suggesting a real estate Versuz. He's got the 'Street Cred' to certify it and 'Kolors' for days like "I count a quarter million dollars every day (Every day)/Doctor say your boy need a wristband (Woo)/Black on black/Lamborghini (Skrrt)/I be swerving 'round this b#### like Batman." We told you we saw a signal on this dark night.

"Drop Thug Motivation, he's the number one thug (Thug)/Icon s###, heard he whip with one glove (Woo)/Said the shoes so flat, moonwalk on them b#####s (Yes)/Gotta use a brillo pad, white stuff on them dishes", this self-dubbed Michael Jackson to Drama's Quincy Jones says on the thrilling, free-throw line taking off 'MJ Jeezy' that walks on more than moons. All as he continues to 'Plug On 'Em' like Jordan before the smash single 'I Aint Gone Hold Ya' proclaims, "I ain't gon' hold you, feel like I got the world on my shoulders/Remind me of weighin' up them boulders/Catch me in an all white thing, chillin' at the red light/Top down and that motherf#####s gorgeous/What about that Royal Oak AP with the black face/Yeah, that motherf##### blacker than some Folgers" in front of Lambos tonight for these Lam-bros. All for this "Quality Street Music" that has nothing to do with the British sweets, but a different type of wrapping.

'Put The Minks Down' like 42 Dugg and let these men walk as we watch the throne. Because heads will roll with 'King's Crown'. So much so that Laker King LeBron James has been tweeting about it. The Shop talk is true, vintage Raymond Briggs is back in studio session. Hawking ice-cold hits like Trae Young. Silencing the competition. 'Still Havin''. 'How Deep' you ask? Like Keith Sweat on this standout, "I love the game/I live for the hustle (Is your love)/I thrive off the passion (Gangsta Grillz)/How deep is your love?/How deep is your love?/The greatest to ever do it/We unstoppable." That's how deep it go, Sisqo. Dong da, dong, dong, dong.

Get the 'Grammy' ready, because even the mixtape deserves its own category. 'My Accountant' is going to have some problems and Jeezy's is telling him to pay some taxes on these millions like Wesley Snipes. "50000 gram still the suitcases/All black Prada gloves you know the boots lace/Pearl-white ‘rari call it toothpaste/Tom Ford on you know the suit place/Assets and the cash flow/We re-rocking when the cash low." It's all 'BIG SNO' in capital exclamation with DJ "the f###" Drama. "No introduction needed, f### it, I'm still conceited/I'm on that Billie Jean, I took the fork and beat it (Woo)/I cannot be defeated, I cannot be deleted/I seen that Snow call, I know you n####s need it (Hey)/Seen how I beat the streets, seen how/I beat the beats I did it my way, Sinatra to say the least." The new Chairman of the Board says, "the forecast has called for snow every day. For the rest of time," for the first time since 2020's pandemic of 'The Recession 2' sequel. Mr. Thanksgiving gives us three kings and tapes in one day with all the Lil Jon ad-lib trimmings. And it's all going to snowball from here, this fall. TIM DAVID HARVEY.

Playlist Picks: 'I Ain't Gone Hold Ya', 'King's Crown', 'How Deep'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment